THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE to feature songs, multimedia, and memories from two storied careers.
In this new year, one of the living legends of musical theatre turns 90: Lyricist-bookwriter Tom Jones (who also, under a stage name) appeared in the original company of his most famous and wildly successful record-breaking musical, The Fantasticks. His collaborator, composer Harvey Schmidt, won’t be 90 until next year, thus still “a tender and callow fellow,” to quote the score’s opening song, the ever-memorable “Try to Remember.” It was a day at this very time of the year when the production’s record-breaking run closed, on January 13, 2002, after 17,162 performances. January was also the month another Jones/Schmidt show appeared: Philemon. Their shows also include 110 in the Shade, I Do! I Do!, Celebration and many more. And celebration is what it’s about when Broadway veterans Carole Demas, who originated the role of Sandy in Grease, and Sarah Rice, who originated the role of Johanna in Sweeney Todd, return to celebrate Jones & Schmidt. Demas and Rice have based the show on their 50 years of work and personal relationships with Tom and Harvey.
The show, titled THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE, will be presented on Sunday, FEBRUARY 4th at 1pm and Thursday, FEBRUARY 8th at 7pm at The Laurie Beechman Theatre. Follow this link for tickets: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/972316.
• “Superb, relevant and ageless entertainment” – Cabaret Scenes
• “Their endearing and vocal best” – Nightlife Exchange
• “A grand, loving reunion” – Bistro Awards
• “Musically voluptuous … Memorable best 2017” – Nightlife Exchange
• “Wonderful, wonderful show” – Talkin’ Broadway
• “A joy throughout” – BistroAwards.com
• “Fills us with pleasure” – Theater Life
• “This mélange of life-affirming songs that glow in the talents and heartfelt performances of these two women is like being refreshed and having faith renewed. You really do “try to remember the kind of September when life was slow and oh so mellow.” … Life is good, life is rich, and life is real and love is all those things, too, in the songs of Schmidt and Jones especially when these two women sing them with such passion and belief and commitment.” – Rob Lester
Demas and Rice each played Luisa in the long-running original production of The Fantasticks. From a personal perspective, they will share their love and appreciation of years of professional work and ongoing friendships with Jones and Schmidt. This unique offering of songs, multimedia, and funny and poignant backstage/onstage stories will feature beloved favorites such as My Cup Runneth Over, Try To Remember, Soon It’s Gonna Rain, and other exquisite gems and novelty numbers sung by two of Broadway’s most captivating voices.
Thank You For Your Love is directed by award winning actor/director Charles Repole with musical direction and vocals by Joe Goodrich, special guest Broadway’s Hal Robinson, harpist Maria Banks, and veteran sound and video designer Stuart J. Allyn. The Show is produced by A.D.R. STUDIOS, Inc.
Follow this link for tickets: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/972316.