And launches a new travel company perfectly tailored to the needs and desires of the LGBT+ community.
As Celebrity Summit majestically set sail past Lady Liberty and out of New York Harbor on Sunday, history was made. Onboard was VACAYA – the first and only large-scale, full-ship/full-resort LGBT+ vacation company on the planet designed for the entire LGBT+ community. At a lavish onboard launch event, Broadway legend Kristin Chenoweth was named Godmother of VACAYA and also coronated “Queen of the High Cs.”
VACAYA’s Ptown Cruise represents several history-making firsts:
- Largest all-LGBT+ cruise to ever sail to Provincetown Carnival
- Largest ship in history to ever overnight in Provincetown
- First all-LGBT+ charter following Celebrity Summit’s multi-million-dollar refresh
- A chance for travelers to give back to to the LGBT+ community while on vacation
- The first cruise ship to sail with an LGBT+ pride flag art installation enveloping the entire ship
VACAYA Co-Founder Randle Roper expressed excitement over the historic launch. “This is a very big day for VACAYA, as an exciting new vacation option for LGBT+ travelers becomes a reality.” Co-Founder Eric Hodgson added, “We can’t wait to share all we’ve created with the nearly 2000 guests who are here celebrating this momentous occasion with us.” VACAYA Co-Founder Tracy Terrill remarks, “Hailing from 16 different countries, 44 US states, and with a varied mix of gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer travelers, the shipboard community reflects VACAYA’s goals of inclusivity.”
VACAYA Co-Founder Patrick Gunn shared specifics on the VACAYA philosophy and experience. “VACAYA is a fresh new approach to LGBT travel, one focused entirely on our guests. We charter entire ships and
resorts so LGBT+ travelers and all who believe ‘love is love’ have the freedom to express their individuality, make personal connections, celebrate life, rev up, or simply relax… together.”
Co-Founder John Finen spoke of VACAYA’s statement art piece, “The rainbow flag art installation on Summit, which celebrates the launch of VACAYA, is a bold and vivid representation of the company’s diversity and inclusion – a completely modern and colossal reinterpretation of this iconic symbol of the LGBTQIAPK community.”
In addition to the Inaugural Ptown Cruise, VACAYA’s 2019/2020 season offers a distinguished and evolving variety of vacation options:
- VACAYA MEXICO RESORT: VACAYA reinvents the all-inclusive resort experience with the 5-star UNICO 20°87° Hotel Riviera Maya, offering a level of luxury and inclusions unmatched by other options available to travelers. The entire resort belongs to VACAYA over Halloween and Day of the Dead, October 27 – November 2, 2019.
- VACAYA EUROPEAN RIVER CRUISES: Celebrate the holidays as VACAYA explores the Christmas Markets of Europe from Amsterdam to Budapest aboard the luxurious Emerald Destiny. 7- and 14-night options begin December 5, 2019.
- VACAYA SUMMER IN ICELAND CRUISE: VACAYA makes history with the first all-LGBT+ circumnavigation of Iceland on the brand new 5-star Le Jacques Cartier from Ponant Cruises. This ultimate voyage of discovery of Iceland and the Arctic Circle sails from August 30 –September 6, 2020.
For more information, check out http://www.MyVACAYA.com